[WHOOPS! This article is unedited – give us some time to clean it up! 🧹]
Making this thread to compile every bug for the class in one place. Hopefully, putting everything in one place will make it easier for the Devs to identify and fix bugs.
I’ll list each bug, the conditions of its appearance if we know them, and any threads or videos on the bug.
If anyone can provide video evidence of any of the bugs in question, it would help a great deal. And please list anything that you find as well! We’ll @ the community manager once a comprehensive list is compiled, because I know I’m missing more than a few.
EDIT: This is the most up to date bug list provided by @NotQuag. It corroborates most of the bugs I have listed here and several more I don’t, mainly pertaining to the purple tree since I just stopped testing it.
- Dominance takes multiple melee strikes to effect enemies, and they may not be effected for the full duration of 12 seconds.
Jabber skill descriptions never update to reflect Barbaric Yawp values.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet 46
The Cutsman SMG does not proc guaranteed crits in Fade Away. Only regular headshots register as crits despite Fade Away giving guaranteed criticals.
Enemies can still target Fl4k while they are invisible in Fade Away.
https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/just-thought-id-make-yall-aware-fade-away-is-now-bugged/3802846/7~Moved 50 back in since there are still numerous reports of enemies tracking FL4K while invisible.
- Hunter’s Eye is not correctly listed a Hunt skill.
- Crits on humans coming from Megavore do not get the crit bonus.
- Some human and beast enemies do not count for the skill’s boost. Damage reduction from beasts does work vs. bosses when paired with a Bounty Hunter Class Mod.
- Evil Eye Zealots, Fervent Zealots and Badass Zealots are confirmed to not be human for Hunter’s Eye, and possibly other skills.
- Gamma Burst breaks other damage multipliers like Go for the Eyes and Splash damage. If you just have Gamma equipped (the Action skill doesn’t even need to be active) the splash damage anointment will never activate. Sometimes Gamma Burst seems to ignore Go for the Eyes, other times it is included in the damage calc. In some cases, Gamma Burst will outright LOWER your pets damage if you are using the splash damage anointment. Fl4k Critter Lab – #142 by boombumr 3 Video evidence 1
- The pet damage portion of Furious Attack and Most Dangerous Game isn’t effected by Big Game.
- As of 7/23 patch, the attack command damage of Spiderant Centurion, Spiderant Scorcher, and Great Horned skag are dealing 40-50% less damage.
The Peregrine Class mod cannot drop with more the +4 in Interplanetary Stalker.
Ion Loader never activates his eye laser attack command.
Monkey Do converts amped shots to non-elemental damage.
Cmdl3t class mod makes the pet attack FL4K instead of enemies.
The 115% Gamma Burst anointment and the 100% Weapon damage while Fade Away is active anointments are both broken. Swapping weapons causes the bonus to disappear. The effects of these anoints will persist once their respective action skills end.
- Atomic Aroma and Loader Bots do not stack Frenzy.
- If you go into FFYL while spiderant Countess is performing her attack command, she will get stuck under the map and be unable to resurface.
- Agility Training becomes inactive during FFYL or when your pet dies.
- I’ve seen in other threads that this is indeed still an issue. Sometimes upon activation, Gamma Burst will immediately go on cooldown without doing anything.
It occurs when an action (ex.shoot a gun ,reloading gun) is immediately performed after Gamma Burst is activated and before the pet teleports, given a low enough FPS.
- Barbaric Yawp does not work at all on Loaders
- Lethal Force Authorized removes pet immortality in Gamma Burst. Your pet will die in Gamma Burst if you take this skill.
- Gamma/Terror/Hive Mind do not gain crit damage bonuses from Throatripper/Go for the Eyes/Monkey Do. Bonus elements on guns receive those damage types so the pets should be getting them as well.
- Success Imminent will kill you if it activates on water (Athenas is a good example)
- Loader pets cannot be named
Spiderant Countess and War Loader will die when Diadems explode at Anathema/Scourge, even while in Gamma Burst. No other pet is effected by this bug.
If you use Countess’ attack command while in Fade Away, and Fade Away ends while she is underground, Not My Circus will proc. Not My Circus typically takes priority over her other actions, so she will bug out because she can’t resurface until she does the taunt but she can’t do the taunt because she’s stuck underground.
Psycho Head on a Stick doesn’t activate at all.It does activate, it just doesn’t show on the bottom of the screen.
Two Bothersome Bugs on FL4K 92
Gamma Burst’s cooldown stacks when used to revive the pet, adding 60 seconds every time it is used on a living pet. It can reach upwards of 5 minutes.Fixed in 11/21 patch
Two Bothersome Bugs on FL4K 92
The anointed perk that gives an extra charge of Rakk Attack doesn’t always apply. Can be fixed by save/quitting or re-equipping the item.Not a bug. The anointment is only on the piece of gear, so when you switch you lose the extra stack. Should always work if you get it on non-weapon slots (if that is possible).
Item Bug: Rakk Attack Stacks Fl4k 14
Spiderants use the Countess’ burrow attack command to move, dealing Corrosive damage to player vehicles when moving too far away from it.Both spiderants use the countess’ burrow attack as a movement skill. Vehicle damage is unavoidable if standing too close.
Spiderant Spawn bug? 2
5. Fade Away- Guerillas in the Mist action skill augment lasts for 5 seconds in game, instead of the 6 second duration listed in the hotfix notes. The 6 seconds listed in the hotfix notes was a typo. 5 seconds is the correct time for GitM. 6. The Power Inside increases Fl4k’s Rakk Attack damage by 33% at full half and 16% otherwise, instead of the listed 50% at full health and 25% otherwise.Rakk Attack Damage EXPLAINED! 26,000+ damage per hit with gameplay | Borderlands 3 – YouTube 2 This is probably just diminishing returns now that I think about it. 7.As of 11/21 Patch- Megavore isn’t proccing at all, or very rarely. Fixed 11/25 hotfix 8. As of 11/21 Patch- The Bounty Hunter COM is not activating the Most Dangerous Game. It only activates when shooting badasses now. 9. Beefcake Jabber Attack Command doesn’t activate during Gamma Burst. Just tested. Commands do activate.
Gamma God Build – #42 by PanzerMolov 25
10. Furious Attack does not increase pet damage.Fixed in 1/9 Hotfix
Borderlands 3 Hotfix [01/09/2020]
11. Receiving multiple reports that Barbaric Yawp does not work with Jabbers. Others have tested and confirmed it does, but the tooltip never updates their values.
Borderlands 3: FL4K’s Universal Multiplicative Damage Boosts – YouTube 5
12. Furious Attack’s bonus is listed as 1-1-2-2-3 in game instead of the intended .6-1.2-1.8-2.4-3 Fixed in 3/12 hotfix
Furious Attack Pet damage visual bug 3
13. The armor damage portion of the Hunter’s Eye skill only gives half the damage listed. Fixed in 3/12 hotfix 14. 8. Attack commands don’t receive bonus damage from Gamma Burst. Don’t know when it happened, but this appears to have been fixed. Fl4k Critter Lab – #92 by boombumr 4
Bug Report: Attack Commands don’t receive bonus damage from Gamma Burst
15. Rakk attack’s cooldown can become bugged out by headcount.Fixed in 3/26 patch
Rakk Attack Cooldown Bugged (Head Count) – YouTube 4
16. Rakk Attack is crashing the game as of 3/26/patch. Multiple conditions for crashes reported, including use of the Rakk Pakk Class mod, and seems to be more frequent in those that bought the DLC. Borderlands 3 R4k P4ck Mod Game Crash Patch 3/26 – YouTube 1 Fixed in 4/3 Hotfix 17. Most Dangerous Game doesn’t give any pet damage at all…Most Dangerous Game does increase pet damage, but the pet damage doesn’t scale with Big Game.
Most Dangerous Game Pet damage not working – YouTube
18. Lick the wounds does not give the pet 30% damage when it revives the player. Fixed in 4/23 Patch
FL4K Lick the Wounds Skill does not give bonus pet damage upon revive 9
19. Rage and Recover does not effect the pet, even though the skill says it does. Fixed in 7/23 hotfix 20. Rage and Recover is bugged and only regens about 1/3 of the listed value.FL4K Skills, Pets, Class Mods and Interactions: what could change – #180 by Ratore 3 Fixed in 7/23 hotfix 21. Headcount is currently bugged with Rakk Attack cool down. It doesn’t decrease cool down even when scoring critical hits as of 4/23 patchFixed 7/23 patch 22. Cosmic Stalker class mod “FL4K’s Hunt Skill Power is increased by 25%” does not seem to increase the “Damage” bonus that can stack on Interplanetary Stalker which is applied to the rakks. It does however increase the “Human Bonus” of Interplanetary Stalker by 25% which affects the Rakks. Fixed 8/6 Hotfix
The bonus damage portion of Interplanetary Stalker does not benefit from Big Game or the 25% bonus to Hunter Skills from the Cosmic Stalker COM. This applies to the pet damage portion of the skill as well.Interplanetary Stalker skill Bug: Please fix! 2
Rakk Attack Damage EXPLAINED! 26,000+ damage per hit with gameplay | Borderlands 3 – YouTube
23. Friendbot does not provide 20% bonus damage to the pets. Fixed in 9/10 hotfix 24. Hidden Machine procs extremely inconsistently, not activating even when enemies are clearly shooting Fl4k’s pet. Only seems to activate on enemies that are not aggroed at all. Aggro mechanics in this game are wierd, but at this point it seems to be intentional behavior.
More melee FL4K and Hidden Machine – It actually works, sort of? – YouTube
25. St4ckbot reset tests after latest hotfix; Non-crits from a gun: resets it.; Non-crit splash from a gun (like OPQ’s spawned explosion): resets it, but if it crits it won’t. In the case of OPQ that’s only achievable through Megavore.; Grenades in general: don’t reset it. – Hunter Seeker: resets because it counts as a gun damage source. ; Barrels: if the impact that hit them was a crit (Fade/Megavore proc), it won’t reset (will actually stack). If it wasn’t, it’ll reset. The barrel’s explosion does not reset the effect anymore.; Shield Novas and Stinger: don’t reset it. ;Fixed 9/10 patch
Reflect shields: resets it. ; Melee/Face-puncher: melee does not reset it. Face-puncher can’t reset or stack it (even if on Fade), but benefits from the gun damage increase.; Artifacts: don’t reset it. Includes Static Charge, White Elephant and all the others. ; Going into FFYL: resets it.; Fast traveling: resets it if between zones, but not on the same zone.; Mayhem Modifiers: needs testing. Thanks @Ratore
26. Not the Face Mayhem modifier reduces pet damage by 75% on critical, dealing 25% of their normal melee damage. Holy Crit, though it is supposed to boost crit damage, has no effect on the critical damage of pets. FL4K Pet Mayhem 2.0 Modifiers Reduce damage – YouTube Go for the Eyes is post add crit, meaning it isn’t a true crit for purposes of Holy Crit but still counts as a crit for Not the Face.
• Non-crits from a gun: resets it.
• Non-crit splash from a gun (like OPQ’s spawned explosion): resets it, but if it crits it won’t. In the case of OPQ that’s only achievable through Megavore.
• Grenades in general: don’t reset it. – Hunter Seeker: resets because it counts as a gun damage source.
• Barrels: if the impact that hit them was a crit (Fade/Megavore proc), it won’t reset (will actually stack). If it wasn’t, it’ll reset. The barrel’s explosion does not reset the effect anymore.
• Shield Novas and Stinger: don’t reset it.
• Reflect shields: resets it.
• Melee/Face-puncher: melee does not reset it. Face-puncher can’t reset or stack it (even if on Fade), but benefits from the gun damage increase.
• Artifacts: don’t reset it. Includes Static Charge, White Elephant and all the others.
• Going into FFYL: resets it.
• Fast traveling: resets it if between zones, but not on the same zone.
• Mayhem Modifiers: needs testing.