I want to collect all the mechanics of the Aspis here, what it can do, how skills effect it, what it absorbs, etc…
What the Aspis looks like with max damage and 3/4 elements absorbed
Aspis damage type and base stats
- The Aspis is an explosive grenade
- Base damage at level 50: 940
- Maximum damage it can absorb at level 50: 26,999
Final Damage = ((Base Damage + (Absorbed Damage x 2)) x (1 + Invictus) x (1 + Clear!) x (1 + Grenade buffs from Bar + Oz kit + luneshine) x (1 + Omega Senshu)) x (1 + Maelstrom)
So if you have a com that gives you +6 to OS and you are wearing a Bomber com, grenade buff shine, and 10% bar, and you fall into fight for your life here is the max damage it can do without Zues’ Rage or Prismatic Aegis.
Final Damage = ((940 + 53,999) x (1.35) x (1.4) x (1.65) x (1.7)) x (4.996)
Final Damage = 1,455,116
Before you get this skill all damage absorbed by the Aspis is combined into one damage cap that is explosive damage. When you get this skill the damage absorbed is now divided into 5 different caps. Non-elemental and explosive damage into one, fire, shock, corrosive, and cryo are the others.
So when you throw the Aspis every time it hits, it hits for however many different elements you absorbed, up to 5 different hits. The overall damage cap is not divided between these but they all can separately hit the cap. So this increases your potential damage by x5.
What can it absorb?
All types of enemy damage
Environmental Damage it can absorb
- Cryo plants
- Self-inflicted damage it can absorb
- Rocket launcher
- Tesla reloads
- Unique runs with self-inflicting splash damage like the Too Scoops, Logans Gun, or KerBoom
- Torgue Barreled AR’s
- Wrath of the Goddess synergy with skills
Clear! has a few interesting things it will do with it:
- It can res multiple teammates if they are close with the splash.
- It can res teammates and hurt/kill an enemy with the splash radius in a single reflection.
- It can res multiple down allies with reflections.
- If you throw it at an enemy and a teammate is down it will target the teammate and seek them out.
- If you go into ffyl while holding it and so do all 3 of your teammates it could potentially revive all 3 of them, kill an enemy and get you a second wind.
- Zeus’ Rage will also proc on each reflection Absorbed elements from Prismatic Aegis has a high chance to dot each enemy hit